We are open to meet any emergency needs our patients have. Patients can call 334-312-5088 after hours for any emergency needs or questions.
COVID-19 Update – March 19th, 2020
Dear Current and Future Patients of SmileMakers,
We wanted to update you about what we do at SmileMakers Comprehensive Dentistry on a daily basis to minimize the exposure of our patients and team members to any pathogens, including the new coronavirus, COVID-19.
We have always followed Universal Precautions for the welfare of our patients and staff. This includes:
- Wearing disposable non-latex gloves while treating each patient and handling any of the instruments involved in the process of treatment.
- Wearing a face mask covering our mouth and nose and protective eye wear while treating patients.
- We thoroughly wash our hands before and after entering the treatment rooms and use hand sanitizer between every patient.
- Wiping the treatment chair, the countertops and cabinets in the room after we see each patient with the highest-level disinfecting towelettes designed for hospitals and healthcare settings.
- Our sterilization area is state of the art with the latest versions of all the necessary equipment to achieve the highest level of sterilization of our instruments and equipment. We added a third layer of protection in this area: a high temperature instrument washer that processes all instruments before they go into the sterilizer. They are carefully packaged and marked by our dedicated sterilization technician.
In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters and doorknobs throughout the day with disinfectant wipes. We have hand sanitizer available on the check-in and check-out desk counter for your use.
During this new normal with COVID-19 we ask our patients and families for the following considerations:
- Please do not come in with a fever or any symptoms including coughing, sneezing, or any aches and pains normally associated with a cold or the flu.
- If any patient or accompanying family member and/or friend comes to our office with any of these symptoms then they will be asked to leave. We are committed to taking care of all of our patients but request that anyone showing these symptoms first seek counsel and examination if necessary from their physician. We will work closely with their medical provider to assure that they are taken care of.
- If any member of your family is feeling ill, please call our office to reschedule your appointment or your child’s appointment.
- Please limit the number of family members attending appointments to those necessary for transportation only.
- All magazines, books and any other materials handled by patients and their families will temporarily be removed from the reception room to limit any cross contamination.
- We are going to minimize our team’s physical contact right now with patients and families, so we have asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
Rest assured that we will be here for you throughout these extenuating circumstances. We will continue to monitor various dental and medical association recommendations along with those of the CDC and other governmental departments and act accordingly. We hope our efforts help put you at ease. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have during this time at 334-277-5498
Your SmileMakers Family
8565 Eastchase Parkway
Montgomery, AL 36117